Our mission is to have:
- Coaches play a positive role in the game of basketball.
- Coaches act as a role model for the players and spectators.
- Coaches represent their P/TSO and Canada Basketball in a professional manner.
Code of Conduct
During competition, we ask that coaches:
- Remember that players play for their own enjoyment, not for yours.
- Encourage the players to abide by the rules in letter and in spirit.
- Respect and be courteous to the organizers, volunteer and others assisting in the staging of the event.
- Set the standard for acceptable behaviour for the players, support personnel and team supporters.
- Take responsibility for the parents/spectators supporting their team.
- Respect the officials decisions and encourage the players to do the same.
- Dress appropriately for the competition:
In order to have the 2018 National Championships run in a professional matter ALL Bench Staff (coaches/trainers/managers) will have to adhere to the following guidelines regarding attire…
Acceptable Minimum: Golf Shirt / Dress Shorts or Golf Shorts / Basketball Footwear or Dress Shoes
Unacceptable: T-Shirts / Tank Tops / Sport Shorts / Track Pants / Sport Sandals / Flip Flops / Jeans / Hats
Coaches should present a professional image while on the court at all events.
Bench staff that do not follow these rules will be removed from the bench.